Soma Foreningen RF is a non governmental, non profit organization concerned with civil society issues, particularly promoting equality of opportunities and good relations between persons of different racial groups. In particular, purposes of the organization are:
• The creation of programs and actions against poverty, unemployment and social marginalization.
• Promoting and deepening the concepts of Democracy, Freedom and the European ideal.
• Support and protect immigrants, refugees and asylum-seekers in Finland. The defense of the rights of people from third countries entitled to protection in our country as well as their smooth integration into Finland society. The creation of programs against racism of every kind. The offer of support for repatriation procedures to citizens of third world countries willing to go back to their native countries.
• The supply of urgent humanitarian, food and development aids to the population of developing countries through actions contributing to their economical and social growth, particularly in the fields of health, education, basic social infrastructures, as well as to the strengthening of their institutions and to the promotion of the respect of human rights.
• Promotion of equality between the two genders according to the International Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discriminations against Women of the UN.
• Enhancement of quality of life and for the protection of social and natural environment. We advocate, and make awareness and we believe that these aspects are closely connected and impact.