The project aims to foster youth cooperation and youth exchange programs on the prevention of violence, radicalization, xenophobia and racism using 5 EU Countries partner organizations (Eu Diaspora Council, Sweden, Soma Forengin Rf, Finland, London Placement Academy UK, Cooperazione Sud per l’Europa Italy, Asociacion Cultural Integra,Spain) and 2 Partner organizations from region 11 ACP (Social View Kenya, Kenya and Putland Network Forum, Somalia)
The project helps in promoting the development of social, civic & intercultural competences and critical thinking in young people who face radicalization, discrimination, racism and violence.
CoToAYR project fills these gaps through the dissemination of knowledge, working with young people (new migrants, immigrants and young natives) to foster integration through inter-religious dialogue and intercultural knowledge and creation of a tool “Brochure Youth worker against radicalization” this tool will help the youths develop and convey messages aimed at deconstructing extremist propaganda. The tool will be developed by collection of experiences and needs from young people working and living in Finland, United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Kenya and Somalia and also from schools, cultural associations, NGOs, youth centers and reception centers for young migrants
The CoToAYR project, expects to achieve the following results:-
- Implementation of an innovative methodology to improve education activities for young people in a multicultural context.
- Enhancement of the skill of youth workers in preventing radicalization and promoting the integration and culture of inter-religious and intercultural dialogue.
- Enhancement of involvement and participation of young people in social activities within an international dimension
- Promotion of the dialogue among youths in a peer to peer framework
- Reduction of the phenomenon of radicalization in Europe, Kenya and Somalia.
The project is aimed directly at the youths to realizes a functional educational and pedagogical tool for the promotion of European values which are:
- Respect for human dignity
- Tolerance to the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
The project forecasts the participation of 45 youth workers and 2 Facilitators in the transnational mobility activity.
Click Here to read More about CoToAYR project